Thursday, August 6, 2009

Horse Books for Children-Thelwell Series-My Childhood Favorites!

Norman Thelwell 1923-2004. These are the pony cartoons that I grew up enjoying. I used to read the comic books over and over and I had a shirt with the characters that was my favorite shirt!
Even today I have a Thelwell mug that I got for Christmas this year! I don't use it instead it sits in the china cabinet. It was the last Thelwell item the tack shop had in stock!











As far as nonfiction books go there are a few that are fantastic for young horse people.

For kids younger than ten years old the book Happy Horsemanship is a great way to learn the ins and out of horse care and safety.



The Pony Club Manuals hold the essentials for riding, caring for, and competing horses.








No comments: